Nichelle Suzanne Strzepek
Experienced writer, blogger, and journalist specializing in dance and performing arts with excellent research and interviewing skills and a proven understanding of SEO and social media best practices. Excels at cleverly framing scenario with a lively, unpretentious, yet authoritative tone that engages readers. Consistently delivers timely excellence while working independently and collaboratively. Highly adaptive, open to suggestions, and intuitive interpersonally and when presented with new information.
Overview of Skills
Print and online journalism; Website administration (WordPress); Online marketing content creation; Social media management; Search engine optimization; Editorial calendar development; Basic HTML/CSS; Proofreading and editing for style and grammar; Fundamental Photoshop and graphic tool skill with keen sense for design; Performing Arts background; Project execution and management.
Experience Website Administrator, danceadvantage.net; 2008–Present
- Write, research, edit, design/format, and curate compelling and brand-aligned online content, including blog posts, interviews, email campaigns, digital books and brochures, social media messages, ads, graphic/visual accompaniment, and landing pages for a diverse audience made up of self-employed contractors, small business owners, and consumers;
- Manage a team of contributors and interns to distribute material according to a content and social media calendar.
Writer/Contributor, rockettes.com; 2012–Present
- Write entertaining and succinct, lifestyle-focused blog posts that consistently receive strong engagement from followers of the NYC Rockettes brand;
- Observe SEO and style practices in alignment with the editorial team’s goals;
- Develop and pitch fresh content ideas to present to an editor.
Writer/Journalist, Arts+Culture Texas Magazine; 2012–Present
- Craft feature articles for print publication based on interviews, research, and personal knowledge in a technical and specialized field.
Writer/Journalist, Dance Source Houston; 2009–Present
- Interview or present participants and leaders within the performing arts industry for audience-engaging reviews and previews of upcoming projects with an understanding of historical context and craft within this industry.
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania – Bachelor of Arts – Dance, 1999; Summa Cum Laude; Outstanding Dance Major ’99 – National Dance Association